Athabasca University is proud to participate in its fourth international Open Access Week, between October 22-28, 2012 to broaden awareness and understanding of open access.
This event will be sponsored by the UNESCO/Commonwealth of Learning Chair in Open Educational Resources (OER), Dr. Rory McGreal.
Athabasca University will present a series of noon hour webcasts exploring major issues and opportunities of Open Access and Open Educational Resources. Each session will feature an internationally known promoter and developer of open educational resources, research, or ideas.
Note: This event is free and registration is not required.
> Noon (Mountain Time) Hour Webcasts <
Monday, October 22, 2012
- OER and Mobile Learning
- The OER university: A sustainable model for more affordable education futures
- Open Access and Public Policy
- "Open and Closed" Getting the mix right. Who gets to Decide??
- Integrating openness in course design
- Much Open Online Content (mooc)
- Sleeping with the Elephant - Leveraging AU's Position through Open Courseware
- Contribution of AU's e-Lab initiative to Open Access and OER Development
- Athabasca River Basin Resarch Institute Repository: Enhancing open access, education and research
Source and Links Available At